I lost my job at Yahoo Travel this week.
It’s my first involuntary separation. I initiated all of the previous ones. The first time was in college. I had a stellar work-study job – bartender at the campus pub. When I returned from summer break my senior year, the pub was transformed into a sleek food service operation and I was told that my beertending responsibilities now included food prep. Like Norma Rae, I cried “Hell no! I won’t fry!” and was promptly reassigned to a position as receptionist at the Cultural Center. Continue reading
I was quite surprised this morning to receive the Very Inspiring Blogger Award nomination from The Penniless Traveler. Check out her site; it features engaging destination posts from her bucket list with helpful tips for travelers with limited finances. Thank you, Penniless Traveler!
The rules of the award are as follows:
1. Link back to the blogger who nominated you. Accomplished in paragraph one.
2. Post the award image to your page. See above.
3. Share 7 facts about yourself. Hmmm. Here goes…
- I love going to the movies by myself but hate eating alone in restaurants.
- I think that noise-canceling headphones may be the single greatest invention of the past ten years.
- I believe that the most meaningful gift a parent can give a child is the love of travel. Thank you, Mom and Dad!
- I don’t know much about fashion but I do know that a smile is an essential accessory.
- I wish that politicians cared less about doing what’s popular and cared more about doing what’s right.
- I get up at 5:15 each morning to write before going to the job that pays the bills and never hit the snooze button.
- Nothing makes me happier than sharing a meal and a bottle of wine (or two) with good friends.
4. Nominate 15 other blogs and inform them about it. These are blogs that interest me and not all travel-related. Please take the time to take a look; I think you’ll like what you see.
I read a post yesterday by Lesley Carter on Bucket List Publications. She was one of my first “likes” when I began this blog, so she’s earned a special place in my heart. Continue reading
“Travel Innovator Hipmunk Raises $15M” This headline from last week’s financial news caught my eye. Who is this Hipmunk and what kind of travel innovation does he (she?) provide?
Hit an exciting milestone tonight – 1000 views since the May launch. Thank you all so very much!